The Role of Merchandise & Sales Coordinator for Destination Maternity
The Merchandise & Sales Coordinator will be a part of our Destination Maternity team, but will be responsible for driving sales onsite within the leased partner location and act as our on-site brand ambassador. The Merchandise & Sales Coordinator is responsible for representing Destination Maternity Corp by effectively maintaining the visual and operational integrity of the leased department, and will establish and build relationships with our leased partners. The Merchandise & Sales Coordinator will work 8 hours a week independently in a single coverage environment.
- Be a passionate brand ambassador and embody a brand culture that engages and excites our Mom2Be; maintain an in-depth knowledge of all merchandise in the leased location.
- Complete visual floorset changes and maintain the highest level of presentation standards of both Destination Maternity and the leased location.
- Execute all promotions, price changes and sign changes in the department so that our sales and promotions are clearly and accurately communicated to our Mom2Be.
SALES AND OPERATIONS
- Build repeat business and maximize traffic by delivering and exceptional client experience.
- Maintain inventory, complete repositionings, damages and process shipments from the Distribution Center including: unpacking, hanging, folding, sizing and merchandising the department within a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with the leased partner. Communicate successes, opportunities and other issues to Base Store Manager/Leased Sales Manager and/or leased partner contacts.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of both Destination Maternity and the leased partner.
- Participate in leased partner store meetings as needed.
- Prior retail or sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work independently in a single coverage environment.
- Understand business metrics.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, independent leader.
- Ability to be mobile in a store including standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching and/or twisting for up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Simple grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting and/or carrying things that weigh up to 40 pounds.