We are excited about the progress and retail outlook at Colonie Center. A safe shopping and dining environment continues to be of paramount importance.
The State of New York will terminate the current Public Health Orders as of Friday, May 14, 2021 as New York has met all requirements to end COVID-19 directives. Additionally, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recently provided new guidance regarding face coverings on May 13, 2021 that is consistent with our state guidelines.
In light of Governor Cuomo’s executive orders and recent CDC guidelines, face coverings will now be optional at Colonie Center. Patrons are encouraged to practice safety precautions in public spaces. Deep cleaning and sanitation of the common areas will continue. Stores and restaurants in the shopping center determine the safety procedures they choose to follow. Please be mindful of each policy.
Effective Wednesday, May 19, 2021, Colonie Center will make the following changes to our operating procedures to align with the guidance provided by our state government and the CDC.
The following changes will be implemented:
- Colonie Center will no longer require customers to wear a face covering or physically distance in the common area of the center. Face coverings in the common area are optional.
- Individual stores, restaurants and entertainment venues will make their own determination as to whether or not to require face coverings in their space.
- As outlined in the recent order, all businesses have the right to determine their own policies as it relates to the safety and policies for their customers and employees.
- Security and Janitorial personnel serving the common areas will continue to wear face coverings until further notice.
- Common area seating, including Food Court seating, will be returned to normal pre-pandemic levels
Any restrictions that may have been in place limiting eating and drinking within Colonie Center have been removed.
- Expanded cleaning policies that had been implemented to promote public health safety during the pandemic will continue.
This includes but is not limited to expanded cleaning in high touch areas such as restrooms, Food Court, and seating areas.
In addition to following all state government mandates, Colonie Center continues to take additional steps to promote a safe environment. Guests will notice the installation of numerous hand sanitizer stations throughout the Center and increased cleaning procedures by our Housekeeping team. We will also offer complimentary disposable face-covering upon request to guests (if requested), and all Management, Public Safety, and Housekeeping staff will continue to wear a face covering.
We look forward to continuing to welcome back our community. As we do so, please know that a safe shopping and dining environment continue to be of paramount importance and our main priority.
We will provide updates on operations and a continued space for the community online. Please join us on social media by following us on Instagram @coloniecenter. For specific questions, please call 518.459.9020 or DM us on social media.
For further information, we recommend you visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html